The OEH have developed a guide to explain the finance options available for investing in solar systems.
Even if your business leases its premises, there are ways to access solar power such as:
- A green lease - this includes terms that help you and your landlord achieve energy efficiency and other sustainability goals for the building. Investigate including in the lease who is responsible for purchasing and maintaining a solar system.
- Solar leasing or power purchase agreement (PPA) - if you have a medium to long term lease and do not want to buy a solar system outright, you could look at solar leasing arrangements or a PPA.
- Community solar - investing in a community solar project can provide financial returns and help you meet your corporate social responsibility goals.
The guide includes:
- what you need to know about government assistance
- cost of solar
- finance products and ways to compare them
- finding a retailer and get a quote
- battery storage