The Energy Efficiency Council is the only Australian provider of the Efficiency Valuation Organization’s ‘Certified Measurement & Verification Professional’ training and exams, delivered in partnership with the US Association of Energy Engineers (AEE).
About measurement and verification of energy savings
Many factors influence how much energy a facility uses, such as technology, weather and the number of staff using a site. As a result, working out how much energy an energy efficiency upgrade is saving requires more than just metering.
Energy professionals need to use accurate measurement and a repeatable methodology, known as a measurement and verification (M&V) protocol. M&V methods and processes are used to measure and verify, in a defined, transparent way, the energy savings resulting from planned changes to all or parts of a specific facility or a group of specific facilities.
Effective M&V can help you:
- Increase energy savings
- Reduce the cost of financing projects
- Encourage better project engineering
- Help demonstrate and capture the value of reduced emissions from energy efficiency and renewable investments
- Increase public understanding of energy management as a public policy tool
- Help national and industry organisations promote and achieve resource efficiency and environmental objectives
The right to use the CMVP title is granted to those who demonstrate proficiency in the M&V field by passing a 4-hour written exam and meet the required academic and practical qualifications. EVO's certification level training is offered as preparation for the exam, and as a review of basic principles for experts.
With the initials ‘CMVP’ beside your name, you are distinguishing yourself among those involved professionally in areas requiring the application of accurate and reliable measurement and verification methodologies. You will have demonstrated high levels of experience, competence, and specialised knowledge within your field.
In addition to the knowledge gained from the training course, attendees will receive the following benefits:
- A printed copy of the training course materials
- A copy of the IPMVP
- Other suggested prior reading
- EVO Certificate of Attendance
- Access to the Subscriber Section of the EVO website for one year
The CMVP Training program is 2.5 days of training, followed by a 4 hour examination, and is delivered in Australia by a number of international and local trainers accredited by the EVO.
Click here for more information about this course.