Presented in partnership with the Efficiency Valuation Organisation (EVO), the two day Applied measurement and verification workshop gives measurement and verification (M&V) practitioners deeper exposure to the concepts, theory, mathematical analysis and tools to perform effective M&V.
The workshop is practical and hands-on, using spreadsheets and software to calculate savings on both sample and real life projects.
Small class sizes give participants the opportunity to focus on using their own real world examples to better understand the trade offs in creating and executing IPMVP Option A, B and C M&V plans.
The workshop is delivered by international trainer Steve Kromer. Steve is an energy efficiency consultant, focusing on energy savings verification (Program Evaluation and M&V) and energy efficiency data management systems. Steve holds a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Virginia Tech (1983). He was a senior engineer at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (where he is currently a guest researcher) and a director at Enron Energy Services. Steve is the treasurer of the Efficiency Valuation Organization (EVO) and is the current Chairman of the Certified M&V Professional (CMVP) committee.
Participants will leave the workshop with:
- a broad awareness of the state of the art in energy modeling for IPMVP Option A/B/C M&V applications.
- an understanding of various business and regulatory mechanisms requiring M&V
- knowledge on where to go for the latest research on M&V theory and methods
- the ability to perform simple regression analysis in Excel
- the ability to load and run advanced M&V analysis in ECAM (Excel add-in) and UT3 (executable software)
- the ability to apply the above analysis outputs to a real-world M&V situation
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
This program offers CPD points toward the following certifications and accreditiations:
To participate in the workshop, participants must:
- Be a current CMVP or CMVP-IT
- Have basic Excel skills
- Have field experience with M&V
- Be able to bring with them to class an M&V plan for review and analysis.
Fore more information about this workshop click here.