All CitySwitch signatories commit to completing an annual progress report to evidence and celebrate their achievements. Signatories can also opt in to be considered for the prestigious CitySwitch National Awards with their progress report submission.
The Awards are a fantastic opportunity to hear the collective program achievements and showcase signatories who are exceptional sustainability champions.
Judging is based on signatories’ CitySwitch progress reports, submitted using the annual progress report section of the members' secure portal on our website.
Use the project overview template to ensure you address the awards judging criteria. Fill in a template for each project (up to 3 projects plus one partnership project), adding photos if applicable, and if you have additional documentation to submit, attach it to your completed project overview template and upload as a single document.
Download project overview template form
Download Partnership project overview template form
NABERS and other evidence of achievement
- To be eligible for Signatory of the Year, at state and national level, it is essential that the signatory holds a current accredited NABERS rating.
- For New Signatory of the Year and Partnership of the Year, judges will accept other measures of achievement, however, third party verification via a NABERS rating indicative or actual rating or other credible measurement tool is preferred.
Other eligibility criteria
- New Signatory of the Year – category is only available to organisations that have officially joined CitySwitch since the last progress reporting period (October 2017)
- Partnership of the Year Award – at least one organisation is required to be a CitySwitch signatory.
The CitySwitch Awards recognise signatories who have demonstrated environmental leadership. Entries will be judged and awarded points for each of the following criteria:
Criteria 1: Outcomes – maximum points: 28 (14 for Partnership*)
Achieved, improved or maintained a NABERS Energy tenancy rating.
- Maximum of 28 points can be achieved for this criteria in each award category except Partnership of the Year award, where the maximum is 14 points. Criteria 3 and Criteria 5 are up weighted by seven points each for the Partnership category
Criteria 2: Project outline – maximum points: 10
Actively implementing an Environmental Action Plan.
Criteria 3: Innovation – maximum points: 10 (17 for Partnership*)
Innovative, creative or progressive initiatives over and above business as usual with regard to people, process or technology to deliver environmental savings.
Criteria 4: Program engagement – maximum points: 10
Demonstrates a high level of involvement in CitySwitch, e.g. engagement with program manager, events, case studies, comms. Communicates CitySwitch commitment on website, sustainability report.
Criteria 5: Industry leadership and communication – maximum points: 10 (17 for Partnership*)
Demonstrated leadership and communication with employees and external stakeholders regarding initiatives and creating positive industry change.
TOTAL 68 points