CitySwitch is funded by local government and is delivered locally with the benefit of a national reach and advocacy platform.
Participating Councils, particularly those with a significant portion of their carbon footprint from office-based business and the built environment will see value in joining CitySwitch to support their local business in managing climate risk and the transforming energy market.
The new direction of CitySwitch builds on the success of 17 years of local and national business engagement.
In 2021 CitySwitch:
- Engaged 607 business signatories across capital cities, metro and regional areas
- saved 762,342 tonnes of carbon through energy efficiency actions and carbon offsetting, equating to $62.6 million dollars of cost saving.
The next three years are crucial to climate action and the new program seeks to scale up the impact and deliver an accelerated approach to business decarbonisation.
The new net zero pathway model was developed in response to extensive stakeholder consultation. The approach is practical in nature, flexible to all sizes and sectors of office-based business and celebrates progress and achievements, rather than a strict accreditation model. The program will deliver robust tools and resources to guide decarbonisation for business.
An information session with more detail on fees, benefits and expectations will be held in October 2022. Date to be confirmed.
Please get in touch to register your interest.
By partnering with us, you can:
- Understand the emissions profiles of businesses within your local government area
- Help people working in local businesses to achieve net zero
- Access a team of experienced program managers
- Educate and upskill local businesses in a practical and learning-based approach to net zero, centred around three campaigns a year involving toolkits, case studies and engagement tools.
- Engage national business locally
- Demonstrate your support to local businesses as they move towards net zero