Date: Tuesday 3 September 2013
Time: 4.30 - 6.30pm
Venue: Wallmans Lawyers, Level 5, 400 King William Street, Adelaide
Moving offices and fully understanding the leasing process can be a complex and often convoluted process for commercial office tenants. There’s a multitude of considerations and as part of the decision-making process, tenants often underestimate the long-term benefits of both choosing an energy efficient space and managing this effectively.
In this national event series, federal, state and local governments are collaborating with the property sector to provide tenants with new guidance, tools and best practice for improved outcomes in the leasing process. This free event is part of a national event series in partnership with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and NABERS and aims to:
• Demonstrate the business case for choosing a high performing building;
• Help tenants choose the best space to save on operational costs and become more energy efficient;
• Support property agents and tenant advocates in delivering the latest tools and best approaches to best advise clients;
• Enable property owners to better profile commercial office space for lease.
The latest industry developments and innovative resources to be showcased will include:
1. The Launch of the RICS 'Leasa' App (iPhone, Android and web) and Guide for SME Office Tenants.
2. Insights into the new CitySwitch research review supporting a compelling business case as to why tenants should choose high performing buildings.
3. Overview of the NABERS tenancy rating tool and Energy Management Guide for Tenants.
What will participants learn?
1. Best practice in the leasing process
2. How to choose an energy efficient tenancy and building
3. How to manage the energy efficiency of an office tenancy
4. How to access and use various new and existing tools and guides
5. How to save tenants money
Who should attend?
This event aims to engage commercial office tenants thinking about leasing to inform their decision making and improve office energy use. The session will be of significant interest to tenant advisers, property agents and managers, building owners, along with lighting, HVAC and sustainability professionals including NABERS and BEEC assessors.
Speakers in each session include representatives from NABERS, RICS, CitySwitch, leasing and sustainability professionals.
For more information and to RSVP please contact the South Australian CitySwitch Program Manager Alison Cusack.