Ecocity 2017: Changing Cities: Resilience and Transformations will bring together a diverse mix of researchers, policy makers and citizens with a common focus on identifying and creating pathways to more sustainable, resilient and equitable cities.
The Summit will address the unprecedented ecological, social change to political and economic challenges – and opportunities – facing the world’s cities through a focus on six major themes:
- Climate and energy transformations
- Food and water security
- Smart cities for people
- Healthy and caring cities
- Culturally vibrant cities
- Governance, infrastructure
And the program will address three core questions in relation to each of these themes.
- Understanding: What are the key sustainability and resilience risks and opportunities facing cities? What are the key sources and drivers of these risks and opportunities?
- Imagining: How can we imagine and communicate sustainable and resilient city futures and pathways?
- Creating: What actions are required to drive the rapid and just transitions required to create resilient and sustainable cities?
The program will be lead by an outstanding array of Keynote Speakers.
We encourage you to mark these dates in your diary now and plan to join us at Ecocity 2017.
Call for Contributions to the Program are now open. Consider submitting an online abstract for the Academic or City Practices Tracks and play an active role in Ecocity 2017.
Academic contributions will be double peer reviewed whilst the City Practices Track is aimed at city, government and community practitioners.
For more details visit the website. Submissions close on 3 February 2017.