Tuesday, 17 February 2015
Council House, 27-29 St. Georges Terrace, Perth
8:30am – 12:30pm (including a 45 min morning tea & networking session)
CitySwitch is delighted to offer a free interactive training workshop exclusively for signatories, to learn about sustainable procurement fundamentals. The session will be facilitated by experienced trainers from ECO-Buy and is an ideal opportunity for a procurement manager or office manager tasked with procurement.
The workshop will cover the following:
- What makes a product or service environmentally or socially preferable;
- Understanding the environmental and social impacts of goods and services throughout their life cycle;
- Identifying the environmental and social risks associated with procuring goods and services;
- Deciphering eco-labels and green wash;
- Busting the ‘green products cost more’ myth;
- 10 steps to integrating sustainability into purchasing systems;
- Action planning and short, medium and long-term sustainable procurement goals.
ECO-Buy is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to building expertise and providing independent advice in sustainable procurement across Australia since 2002. ECO-Buy aims to embed sustainability considerations into all procurement decisions and increase the demand and use of sustainable products and services.
ECO-Buy enables organisations to implement sustainable procurement by:
- Offering a membership program which provides access to peer networks as well as expertise and practical resources informed by leading practice worldwide;
- Connecting purchasers of sustainable goods and services with suppliers;
- Offering a systematic approach to embedding sustainable procurement through establishing high level buy-in, empowering staff, building standard processes, engaging suppliers and measuring results.
This workshop is being provided free of charge exclusively to CitySwitch signatories and places are limited. This is a great opportunity for signatories as professional training from ECO-Buy typically costs over $450 per participant.
Please RSVP by 11 February to Ian Forbes via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly limited to one RSVP per signatory (total of 20 spots available and will be allocated to the first 20 RSVPs received).
Proudly hosted by City of Perth.