Friday 22 May 2015
WALGA, Level 1, 170 Railway Parade, West Leederville, WA
8.30 – 10.30am (including morning tea and site tour)
Energy efficiency and embedded generation
Join CitySwitch Perth to find out more about energy efficient building technologies, grid-connect solar PV systems, and the Western Australian electricity market.
The session will include:
- A presentation from Next Power on embedded energy and the solar PV system installed at 170 Railway Parade that won the Clean Energy Council’s 2014 Award for Grid-connect solar PV power system design and installation – over 100kW.
- A presentation from Infinite Energy on how to better understand the electricity market in Western Australia.
- A panel discussion and Q&A session with Next Power, Infinite Energy and WALGA.
Representatives from WALGA will provide a site tour following morning tea and presentations. Come along to see energy efficient technologies in action such as:
- Active chilled beams that use 100 per cent fresh air to cool the building.
- Extensive LED lighting and control system integrated into the Building Management System.
- Applications of Bubbledeck, a precast concrete floor system which uses 35 per cent less materials than traditional concrete by incorporating large hollow plastic balls in a lattice of steel.
Kieron D’Arcy - Chief Executive Officer, Next Power
Aidan Jenkins - Managing Director, Infinite Energy
RSVP by 3pm, Tuesday 19 May 2015 via the WALGA website
RSVP is essential as space is limited
This event is proudly hosted by WALGA