A commitment to net zero must be embedded across your business. Success relies on commitment from your senior leadership, who will approve your net zero targets, all the way through to staff across your business, who will implement net zero actions.
Change management strategies can be utilised to embed the culture and processes needed to achieve net zero. Staff behaviour change programs will also be important to implement some pathway actions, like reducing waste. It takes engagement and good, clear, and consistent communication to set your team up for success.
- Engage staff early and often in your net zero journey.
- Understand what ‘value’ and ‘impact’ mean for different teams.
- Use your baseline emissions footprint to identify some quick wins with high returns to motivate the team.
- Identify a senior level executive to sponsor the pathway.
- Update your company mission, policies and strategies to reflect the commitment and ensure longevity after champions move on.