Federal Government Grants
The Australian Grants and Assistance Finder is a useful resource for smaller enterprises seeking help from across national, State and local governments in all categories.
For manufacturers and larger industry the Australian Federal Government’s Clean Energy Future Package includes three major funding programs run by AusIndustry to support energy efficiency. They focus on technology investment, technology innovation, and the food and foundry sector.
State Government Grants
- NSW Energy Saver program provides subsidised audits, action plans and implementation advice for small and large business in NSW (formerly the Energy Savings Scheme for Small Business).
- The Victorian Energy Saver Incentive program provides discounts for approved energy saving products when installed by an accredited business. The program includes discounts for energy efficiency commercial lighting retrofits.
- Sustainability Victoria offers various business programs.
- Other funding opportunities in Victoria include City of Melbourne’s Sustainable Melbourne Fund (SMF) to facilitate, enable and invest in projects which deliver improved commercial and environmental outcomes in the built environment.
CitySwitch Grants and Rebates
CitySwitch offers financial grant assistance towards the cost of obtaining a NABERS Energy rating in most CitySwitch Partnering Council areas. In most cases this financial support will cover 50% of the cost of the initial rating. Members can also request a rebate on the administration fee for their NABERS assessment which:
See more on CitySwitch Grants >>
- provides a performance benchmark to inform planning
- helps new Signatories to understand the most effective projects to undertake
- can be used in combination with other available support schemes.